2023 XYG Mission Trip Registration
XYG Parent Meeting
- General Trip Details
- Place: Bogota, Columbia
- Date(s): Week of Carnival
- Tentative: Saturday, April 22 — Friday, April 28
- Cost: Approx. $1,300 per person (waiting on flights for final amount)
- Non refundable $100 deposit needed to secure seat
- Type of Work/ Service: TBD… orphanage and service work
- Trip Goals/ Purpose
- Spiritual growth
- Awareness of local needs
- Unity and shared experiences within a Christian worldview
- Participation in worship and leadership.
- Trip Theme | Giving is Living | 1 John 3:16-18 NLT
16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister[a] in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person?
18 Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.
- Upcoming XYG Dates through March (11:30-12:30pm)*
a. January 15 — parent meeting at church
b. January 29 — XYG teen meeting (First Ladies Garden)
c. February 12 — XYG teen meeting (First Ladies Garden)
d. March 5 — XYG teen meeting (First Ladies Garden)
e. March 19 — XYG teen meeting (First Ladies Garden)
*all meetings will take place at First Lady’s Garden following the church service. This is subject to change based on volunteer and service opportunities being scheduled.
- Church attendance — STRC supports and helps to fund these trip/service opportunities; therefore, teens desiring to go on the trip are expected to show there involvement by attending weekly services and being involved in all meetings. Scheduling conflicts and prior commitments are a reality and should be discussed with Pastor Ben beforehand.
- Parent/Guardian Checklist
- If you do not have a passport, start TODAY. Make sure all registration forms list your child(s) name as it appears on the passport.
- Register your child | www.strchurch.org/xyg
- Fill out and submit the medical release waiver | www.strchurch.org/xyg
- Submit $100 to the church office (checks made out to the St. Thomas Reformed Church)
- All Students must read and complete the mission trip covenant | www.strchurch.org/xyg
- Check the website for additional details including packing lists, flight information and updates.